In the below video, Morihiro Saito Shihan (8th Dan Aikikai) demonstrates the omote and ura versions of the Aikido technique ushiro ryotedori ikkyo.
The demonstrations are completed from a static position whereby the uke grabs both nage’s wrist while standing behind the nage. This traditional form of attack is pictured right – the nage is the Founder of Aikido, Master Morihei Ueshiba.
- Omote application – Pictorial demonstration – Takemusu Aiki Vol 1
- Ushiro Ryotedori ikkyo omote – Overview (London Aikido Club)
- How to unbalance uke (London Aikido Club)
- How to stop uke letting go (London Aikido Club)
- Ushiro Ryotedori ikkyo ura – Overview (London Aikido Club)
- Ushiro royedori ikkyo – Ki no nagare
See – Ushiro royedori ikkyo (2) – Ki no nagare
- Difference between ikkyo and juji nage (London Aikido Club)