In the below video Yoshimitsu Yamada Sensei (8th Dan Aikikai) demonstrates the aikido principles that apply when addressing an attack in the form of a shoulder grab combined with an attempted strike to the temple (katadori menuchi).
- Aikido – Common principles, infinite expressions
- Our dojo has moved!
- Katadori kokyu nage – Its all in the sword
- Aiki principles – Koshi nage
- Aikido is not resistance – A true warrior contests with nothing
- Learning from other martial arts – Jodan tsuki kokyu nage
- “Creating a place to move” – Aiki principles for ushiro training
- Follow Aikido Warrior Dojo on WordPress.com